Meet Lori Danenberg, Ph.D.
Lori Danenberg, Ph.D. is a psychotherapist with more than 25 years of experience working with children, adolescents, adults, couples, and families. With an undergraduate degree in special education from Boston University and graduate work completed at New York University, she is prepared to provide therapy and services for a variety of populations. Post graduate education includes training and/or certification in several different trauma treatment modalities including EMDR, Somatic Experiencing® and Trauma Focused CBT. Combining an array of techniques with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy ensures the best possible treatment outcomes.
Lily has been a Certified Therapy Dog and recognized as a Canine Good Citizen since 2007. Playing and petting dogs have been show to lower blood pressure, release endorphins, and to have a calming effect on individual with whom they are interacting. Using a pet in therapy has also been found to lessen depression, decrease feelings of isolation, provide comfort, and lower levels of anxiety.
- Diplomate, American Acadmey of Experts in Traumatic Stress
- Certified Trauma Consultant and Supervisor, National Institute for Trauma and Loss in Children
- Somatic Experience Practioner® (SEP®), Somatic Experience Trauma Institute
- Certification In Crisis Intervention, National Center For Crisis Management
- Certified Clinical Traumatologist, Traumatology Institute
- Certified Traumatolist; Certified Field Traumatologist; Certified Compassion Fatigue Therapist, Green Cross Academy of Traumatology
- Professional Affiliations
- Board Certified Diplomate, Amercian Board Of Examiners in Clinical Social Work
- American Psychological Association
- National Association of Social Workers
- National Center For Crisis Management
- American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress
- National Institute for Trauma and Loss in Children
- Somatic Experience Trauma Institute
- Westchester County Psychological Association
- EMDR International Association
- New York State Psychological Association